Today’s topic is going to be about weight loss and fat storage and how hormones really affects these types of areas.
First of all what is hormones, hormones are a regulatory substance produced in an organism and transported in tissue fluids such as blood or
sap to stimulate specific cells or tissues into action.
How hormones really affects your weight loss:
Hormones are the most powerful chemical messengers in the human body and when it comes to weight loss and feeling well, it can make it or break it. In addition to blood sugar control and insulin balance, hormones control metabolism and therefore are intricately connected to the amount of fat you gain or lose.
Diets and ways to promote weight loss:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking 2 litres of water per day for energy and your overall health.
- Sleep well: Making sure to get into a routine because research shown that poor sleeping gives you cravings for food
- Exercise: Staying active and go for walks.
- Pick glucagon stimulating foods at every meal: Proteins such as chicken, fish, turkey, cottage cheese, yogurt, lean red beef, eggs, hemp, protein powder.
How hormones really affects your fat storage:
Insulin is also the main fat storage hormone in the body. It tells fat cells to store fat, and prevents stored fat from being broken down.
Diets and ways to promote fat storage:
Avoid or minimise sugar like soft drinks and fatty foods Fill up on protein like fish, meat, eggs, nuts and seeds Exercise regularly like Generally, aim to do either 30 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio activity at least five days per week.
Written: Dalton King
- Weight Loss n.d., viewed 15 April 2020, <https://www.cityline.tv/2018/01/03/3-hormones-affect-body-shape-weightloss/>.
- Weight Loss n.d., viewed 15 April 2020, <https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-fixes-for-weight-hormones>.
- Fat Storage n.d., viewed 15 April 2020, <https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/protein>.
- Fat Storage n.d., viewed 15 April 2020, <https://www.healthline.com/health/how-often-should-you-work-out#1>.